On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

>Is it possible to mount a Zip drive with 2 filesystems? In other words,
>both ext2 and vfat? I have mine setup where you (as root) can
>right-click on the Zip icon and pick either fs type. However, my user
>account can not do this, because you must be su to use mount. It will
>only allow my user access to the fs type in the /etc/fstab file. (the
>user,noauto option in the fstab zip entry line).

Set one line in fstab to /dev/<drive>4 for accessing vfat,
and the other to /dev/<drive>1 for accessing ext2.

That should work. Never tried it, all my disks so far are still vfat.

Paul

--
Malek's Law:
Any simple idea will be worded in the most complicated way.

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
Registered  Linux  User   174403
-=PINE 4.21+Linux Mandrake 7.1=-