Hello Brad,

I had similar problem with 7.0. The only thing I could do is that I
updated my kernel to a 2.2.15 version with SB 100% compatible lsupport.
Into this kernel you can insert the viaudio.o (the driver from your CD to
the motherboard. (audio/linux/rht somthing like that library).
but even with this kernel you have to use the -f option to insert.
(insmod -f viaudio) (The SB emulation is turned on in BIOS)
Nevertheless, it worked for me.
If you need any more help contact me.
And I would like to ask you something. Since I dont know wether anybody
reads these messages I send out I would very much appreciate your
confirming reading this mail.

Gabor