I am building a new computer this coming week.  I'm
wondering if anyone has any of this hardware and what
kinds of issues you had if you do.  Here's the
proposed configuration:

ASUS A7V motherboard
Duron 600 CPU
3dfx VooDoo5
Western Digital 17.4 gig HD UDMA66

those are the pieces that I'm concerned about.  Will
the voodoo5 work as an ordinary display adaptor with
xfree 3.3.6 or 4 well enough for me to download &
install 4.01 which explicitly supports it?

How is UDMA66 support working in linux?  Any issues to
be aware of?  Currently I've got an ATA33 and an ATA66
hard drive so it hasn't been an option.

What about the motherboard cpu combo?  Both are much
more recent then the current kernel/mdk version.
Anything I should watch out for?

I'm getting to build a new computer through a weird
twist of circumstance and I don't expect to be able to
buy/upgrade for about a year.  Any insight or thoughts
are greatly appreciated folks.

Thanks again.

Dacia