Dear All, I have been having problems getting my sound set up and I wrote an
email about it posting all of the error messages I got when I went into
soundconfig and did not receive an answer yet. That was during last weekend
when there were some email dryspells so I am asking again.:)

These are the error messages I got:<There is already a file /etc/isapnp.conf
and it will be rewritten and
renamed /etc/isapnp.conf.bak. I kept going and got another error message
saying there is already a file /etc/conf modules and it will be renamed
/etc/conf modules.bak.

I  looked in /etc/isapnp.conf and found that the sound card is there. I have
already tried to set up the soundconfig but just got the failure messages .
Is it possible that it is set up but I just have not accessed it
correctly.The sound card I have was on the list to choose and is supposedly
supported by Linux. The card is a ESS ES 1868 . What can I do next?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Marcia