This is a first time install from CD on a Toshiba Satellite 4060.  It has a
single primary DOS/Windows FAT32 partition occupying all of the 4GB disk.

The install goes well in automatic install mode, up to the point where the
system files are set up.  It stops and displays my 4126MB partition and then
suggests I reduce it's size.  According to the demo on the mandrake site, it
should tell me it's going to reconfigure automatically.

I try and resize to say 2200MB, but I get an error message stating
'adjustEnd go beyond end of device geometry (8594775>8450190) at
/usr/bin/perl-install/partition_table_raw.pm line 69       This comes
whatever size I choose. I also cannot use the little arrows to the right
side and below the resize pop up window.  they have no affect.  My Windows
98 is occupying approx 1.8GB of the disk.  My disk is clean, error free and
defragged using NDD, and Speed disk.

I have tried different partition sizes, all with no success.  I do not have
the PnP option in my BIOS, but I did try changing the Device config from
'Setup by OS' to 'ALL devices, but with no difference.

Can anyone help? as I feel it should work.  I am obviously missing
something..

Thanks in advance
Mike
New Zealand