HI, all --

I am having a weird problem with my KDE resolution.  Currently using 7.0 (Air).  I
changed the resolution from 1024x768 to
1280x1024, using DrakeConf and did the test to verify that the higher resolution would
work.  All seemed OK until I tried to relogin
using the higher resolution.  My monitor proceeded to click away, all black.  Had to
reboot and come up as Linux 3 and use
XF86config to reconfigure the X file.  Now what happens is that it comes up in
640x480.  I can change the resolution by ctrl-alt-+
to get to 1280x1024 (the only resolution that gets the whole desktop in), but this is
a pain.  If I try again using DrakeConf to
change the resolution to what the KDE thinks it is, I get the same thing.  The error
message is that it can't start the default font.
Has anybody else ever seen this?  And what is it that DrakeConf doesn't change when
going from one resolution to another?

Thanks
pete

Pete Clapham
Department of Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences
Cleveland State University
Cleveland, Ohio, 44115
Voice: [216] 687-4820
Fax: [216] 523-7200