On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Pete Clapham wrote:

>HI, all --
>
>I am having a weird problem with my KDE resolution.  Currently using 7.0 (Air).  I
>changed the resolution from 1024x768 to
>1280x1024, using DrakeConf and did the test to verify that the higher resolution
>would work.  All seemed OK until I tried to relogin
>using the higher resolution.  My monitor proceeded to click away, all black.  Had to
>reboot and come up as Linux 3 and use
>XF86config to reconfigure the X file.  Now what happens is that it comes up in
>640x480.  I can change the resolution by ctrl-alt-+
>to get to 1280x1024 (the only resolution that gets the whole desktop in), but this is
>a pain.  If I try again using DrakeConf to
>change the resolution to what the KDE thinks it is, I get the same thing.  The error
>message is that it can't start the default font.
>Has anybody else ever seen this?  And what is it that DrakeConf doesn't change when
>going from one resolution to another?

Perhaps there is some problem with the horizontal/vertical frequencies
that got inside your XF86Config file. Certainly 'sounds' like it. If you
have the proper numbers for that, edit the file and see if you can get
them right. I have heard that this happens often.

Paul

--
Exceptions confirm the rule
and ruin the budget.