Hi Cindy -- When you go into the ftp site looking for updates make sure
that you go to the update folder in Mandrake 7.1 -- you will find the
Netscape 4.74 there (and yes, it does exist <grin>). I personally use
ftp://ftp.wtfo.com/pub/linux/mandrake -- but that is because I am on the
West Coast.

As far as a better browser in Linux, so far Netscape seems the most stable
to me. Again, personally, I never cared for IE even when I was a windoze
user -- always used Netscape there too.

Good luck,
Patti
Registered Linux User #184611