Title: RE: [newbie] Great Networking Surprise

> Can someone give me the basics on how to get Apache running on my
> peer-peer?  I think it may be a WinNT problem, I cannot resolve my
> Linux box's IP address when runnning netscape on my NT box.

When you say resolve, do you mean that you are trying to resolve a domain name to an ip address?  If this is the case, you would have to be running a local primary DNS server or modify the LMHOSTS file on the NT box.

Can you ping the Linux box from the NT box using just the IP?  If so, can you access Apache using http://IP (like http://192.168.0.3) from Netscape/NT?  If not, can you access Apache using Lynx or Netscape from the Linux box (http://127.0.0.1)?

Jon

PS This message is supposed to be plain text.  If it isn't, I apologize.  I think it is an issue with the Exchange Server and the network admin should look at it tomorrow.