What you are looking at with all those funny symbols is __binary__
code, i.e., what the compiled source looks like.  What you want
is the __uncompiled__source__ as the man said in his reply.  Then
if you modify the source, you will have to recompile it before
you can run it.  Hope this is a little clearer.  --doug