From: Trevor Reynolds [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 8:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Voodoo3 3000 install

Hi,
        I am running Mandrake 7.0 and originally had a SiS 6326 PCI card in
when I installed Mandrake.  About a month ago I exchanged the card with
a Creative Labs VooDoo Banshee.  Before I changed cards I downloaded the
latest Linux drivers from Creative, untarred them in a temporary
directory and then changed then run level from "5" (graphical) to "2"
(console) in /etc/initab.  I changed the cards, rebooted and Mandrake
automatically found the card, deleted all the info about the SiS
reconfigured X for the Banshee (albeit using the SVGA server).  I then
ran the executable supplied from Creative which installed the correct
server and updated /etc/X11/Xf86Config.  I typed in startx and there I
was 32 bit color, 1280X1024.  Now if I can only get glide to work I'd be
set, but that's another topic completely.
        I know your card is from a different manufacturer but it may be
worth a
shot.  Good luck

        Trevor