Please don't post html to the list.  It isn't really
nesiscary and screws up a lot of people's email readers.
Is this an ESS sound card or a sound carxd like the Sonic
series with an ESS sound chip?  At any rate, I have a
Diamond Sonic sound card with the ESS sound chip and it
worked out of the box with Mandrake7.1 .... wish I could
say it was as easy to setup in Windows.

--
Larry Hignight          Descent 3 Beta tester          Caldera Linux 2.4
  3:40pm  up 27 days, 23:48,  5 users,  load average: 0.23, 0.09, 0.04