"Nijs, Vincent" wrote:

> Dear Mandrake user,
>
> I had assumed that if I would telnet to my schools Unix system from within
> Gnome i would be able to use emacs, xemacs, nedit etc. without needing any
> additional Xwindows system for the graphical display.
>
> Shouldn't this be the case (?) and if not might someone suggest a possible
> solution/program ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Vincent

I guess if they permit it then you should be capable of running those
programs.  I'm able to telnet in from one of my linux boxes to another and
run vim, zip, etc ... emacs didn't work though.  Hope this helps.

--
Larry Hignight          Descent 3 Beta tester          Caldera Linux 2.4
  1:10pm  up 28 days, 21:18,  5 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.03, 0.01