Hi everybody
How can i change my mtu settings to try and establish optimal
settings/performance.
When lm7.1 was installed the install programme asked me for my mtu
and rtu? settings. i entered 576 as this was the figure used in
Win98. My eyes are red from reading docs/manuals but for the life of
me I cannot find any reference to mtu settings.
My isp has offered an ftp connection and binary file for download
tests (it's a linux server) and I want to take up this offer to try
and optimise my internet conn. This is important as my modem rarely
if ever connects at anything above 24000 LAPM. It is a 33600
microcom deskporte - good for lousy lines.
Thanks

Alan Smith
South Africa