Some of the sites I have seen/read suggest that an Athlon runs happier with
RDRam
Another $0.02 worth...:)
Jaguar

"Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Abe wrote:
> >
> > I'm running mandrake 7.1 on a Duron 600 with ASUS A7V motherboard.  I did
the
> > install myself.  7.1 installed perfectly on my system.  Perhaps it is the
Abit
> > board that is causing the problems?  The other possible issue is power
supply
> > and RAM.  The Athlon series want a high quality 300w power supply and AMD
> > recommends that you use new ram in conjunction with these chips.  I'm
using
> > pc-100 ram that is about a year old in my system and I haven't had any
> > problems.
> >
> > Good luck!
> >
> > Abe
>
> Hi Abe. I have a question, even though its not quite related to this
message
> thread. Its about that RAM speed rating you mentioned. Is it okay to use
PC-100
> with a fast Athlon system? Somebody told me I'd have to dump the RAM I'm
using
> with my current K6-III/475mhz, if I upgraded to an Athlon. (bottleneck)
>
> Thanks for any info!
>
> --
>
>                                                                /\
>                                                            Dark><Lord
>                                                                \/

Gretzky shoots
Jesus saves
http://www.getpaid4.com?jaguar182 to make $$$ using YOUR
OWN computer and sigining subscribers in YOUR OWN emails!
More than $25,000,000 Already Paid to Members -- Join AllAdvantage today!
http:/www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=DEG689
Harpoon a gay whale

http://home.netscape.com/webmail