On Tue, 5 Sep 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I have a very simple question about mandrake 7.02 and am embarrassed to
>have to ask it but here goes.  After installing successfully (I
>thought)and rebooting for the first time I tried to configure my
>rc.local file for ip chains.
>
>First off there was no ip chains or rc.local.  Did I do something wrong
>on my install?

It sounds like it, but I can't explain it. This is basic stuff that the
installer takes care of by itself.

>Anyway I finally got on the net and installed ipchains but I don't know
>how to setup a file to start at boot up.(embarrassing)

Where do you look for rc.local ?
Its full path is /etc/rc.d/rc.local
ipchains is usually in /sbin and you won't have it in a user path
normally.

To set it up, go to www.pointman.org and download pmfirewall. It is a
script that helps you set up ipchains and will also stick it in the proper
bootfiles.

Paul

--
Suppose you were an idiot...
And suppose you were a member of Congress...

http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
              -=PINE 4.21 on Linux Mandrake 7.1=-