At 21:27 09/08/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>That's waht my sisters boyfriend says.  He installs cable for @home.
>Nevertheless, my cable is ridiculously variable.  As high as 150K and as low
>as 500k on a daily swing.  Like clockwork everynight between 3 and 10pm My
>conneciton is as slow as a 56k dialup.
>
>My experience with DSL is that it is a little slower then cable is when cable
>is maxing itself out but it is also dependable and consistent!
>

>Abe

/lots of stuff snipped out/

I have noticed even with T1 at the office, the internet slows way down around
3 ~ 5 PM.  I have a feeling it's kids coming home from school and logging on
in huge numbers, but maybe I'm all wet.  I don't think it's just your cable.
(I have ADSL here, BTW, and I like it fine, but then, cable Internet's not
available here.)
--doug