Well, I've really done it now. The hard drive won't format hda1. I get
to the part where formatting partitions takes place and it seems to hang
at "formatting hda1". It has been stuck there for 2 hours. I did an
upgrade and that went ok, except I checked disk optimization and when I
rebooted after the install it hung at optimizing disks. Now I can't even
get past the formatting. Anybody need some spare parts? If there is no
help for this I guess I will try loading the other OS and see if my hard
drive is trashed.  Any help would be appreciated.  Dennis