For local hosts (i.e. hosts in your /etc/hosts file that are known to your
linux box by a name), you can simply put in the host name. For example:

ALL: servername

If you have several hosts on your network, it is usually easier to use the
IP netmask to specify all of them at once.

The server.domain.com or simply domain.com nomenclature would be for hosts
OUTSIDE your own local network or localdomain. And again, it will only
work for host names that can be resolved via either DNS or an entry in
your hosts file.

Personally, I find I use IP addresses more than anything else, but this
is just easiest for me I guess since I have very few hosts I allow at
all. :)

HTH,
Holly