Steve Weltman wrote:

> [...]

Thanks Steve, I'll keep that in mind when I finally take that bullet
between
my teeth.

I was actually trying to discuss the problems and hassles the very new
users have - documentation - examples etc. I do heaps of reading here
but
still run into the syntactical problem of inverted aerial gymnastics
while
attempting to emulate Jules Vern's Captain Nemo and his giant squid!!

If you've been watching this thread you'll have noted that I have become
quite adept at waiting for a re-installation to complete (usually around
1-1/2 hours on this beast). I have a list of todo's which I run thru to
get the opsys back to the point I had it before I stuffed up to the
point
where I couldn't work out how to undo what I had just STUFFED UP!!

The problem is that my todo list is more than likely totally useless to
anyone else so I see little point in publishing it here at present.

Larry made comment earlier regarding the fact that many new users obtain
CD's from a variety of sources and usually they don't get any docs with
the particular distribution, and as a result mostly have no idea where
to begin let alone how to find the info they need.

He's right on the button, hence my comments regarding the futility of
of being told 'RTFM'!.

Cheers
--
ICQ# 89345394     Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]