Title: RE: [newbie] Security for Single Client

You don't have to do anything but follow the readme. When the install starts it will ask a bunch of questions. Answer no to most of them and allow unlimited access to 127.0.0. When all questions are answered and you tell it to start on ppp0 connection, it will automatically modify your IPchains. You will be off and running. No other config required.  Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Wednesday, September 13, 2000 8:10 AM
Cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: [newbie] Security for Single Client

Thats great.  I've downloaded the .tar and have been going over the readme's and the IPChains HowTo.  Do I have to compile the kernel under Mandrake 7.1 to

enable IPChains, or can I do it from Drakconfig?

Barry :-)

On Tue, 12 September 2000, Dennis Myers wrote:

> Barry, In a word yes.  I have it on my dial-up machine and it works like
> a charm.  Dennis
>
> Barry Premeaux wrote:
>
> > The majority of the info I have been reading
> > on firewalls, and pmfirewall in particular,
> > refers to a second machine setting between
> > you and the outside world.
> >
> > What about the typical dial up client? Does
> > pmfirewall work here as well?
> >
> > --
> > Barry :-)
>
> --
> Dennis M. a registered Linux User #180842

The freedom to choose your own Internet access price.
Surfree.com - got to be free
http://www.surfree.com