-----Mensaje original-----
De: carol [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Enviado el: viernes, 15 de septiembre de 2000 12:28
Para: newbie
Asunto: Screen Problem, please help!!!

Hi everybody,
I had my Linux working fine, only that I wanted to change the screen
resolution to 800 x 600 (it was setup to 640 x 480 and some windows are too
big and I can't see the OK, CANCEL, HELP, CONNECT, etc... buttons and can't
change the size of some of those windows). So from DrakeConf I tried to
change it to 800 x 600, and something terrible happened:
the screen keeps blinking all the time and it won't start XWindows, it stays
in the login screen (text mode)and it's almost impossible to type anything
unless I do it very, very slowly and making sure I type each letter just in
the exact moment that it blinks, which is every 2 seconds approx.
I've tried a new install of LM 7.0 (Air), but it hangs after it gets to the
second stage install.

Is there a command or a way that I can get back into de screen configuration
again and change it back to where it was?(although its gonna be very
difficult to type, but I don't mind trying)
Or,
Is it better to download (with W98) LM 7.1 and install it over the old one?

I've also tried to boot with the boot disk but no way, it doesn't work, I
guess I didn't make it correctly.

If someone could help me it would be really great.

My pc is:
Pentium 133mhz
2 hard drives (one with W98 and the other LM 7.0 (Air)-kernel 2.2.14-15)
24M of RAM
CD-ROM OTI-Hermes 10x
Monitor: Olivetti DSM 28-142 PS / LOW EMISSION
Graphic Card (or whatever it's called): S3 Trio64V+ PCI(765)

In Linux Mandrake list of Monitors the olivetti doen's show, so it was set
as Generic SuperVga something (I don't remember the rest)

Another thing: I tried with another old Compaq Monitor I have lying around
unused, but exactly the same problem.

TIA
Carol^

P.S.: I was so happy with my Linux working, included the internet
connection. I don't why I had to fiddle with the screen resolution, it
wasn't so terrible. Now I don't know what to do!!!!!!!