Joan,

I'm kinda coming in here half way through, but have you tried Kxicq yet? I
used to be a staunch LICQ user. However, when I made the switch from
RedHat to Mandrake I also discovered Kxicq when LICQ got strange on me and
I've been using it ever since. It's very nice and works well.

--
Mark
**  =/\=  No Penguins were harmed       | ICQ#27816299