Well, yes and no.

Since pine relies on only the local mailbox in
the Linux mail spool, which only works with either
internal network mail or with a static ip domain
thing, it is not set up to talk to a pop server,
but I thikn there is a little app or daemon
called fetchmail?? I think, that does talk
to the pop server that you specify and it
I think, puts the mails from the pop server
into the local mail spool on your machine,
therefore making it retreivable by pine.

Any other comments or corrections
requested.

Hope this helps.

Vic (Not Charley)