I have ME on one of the computers here and it sucks something fierce.  I
had in mind three reasons for using WinME:

1.  The new mpg encoding
2.  Driver updates so I wouldn't have to search around for them
3.  The registry roll back feature.

It just completely fails on 3 -- I get a damn dll error everytime I try
to roll it back.  2. isn't really that compelling a reason to have it.
And 1.  ... well I haven't used 1 yet but I can't imagine it not
crashing by the time the movie is done being encoded.  Same old MS ...
all feature no stability.

--
Larry Hignight          Descent 3 Beta tester          Caldera Linux 2.4
 12:45am  up 1 day,  8:49,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.00