--
I can't answer your first question, but most of the Maximum Linux packages are
in .tar.gz format.  As a matter of fact, I had a problem installing from the

Jay
"May the sound of happy music, And the lilt of Irish laughter, fill your heart with
gladness, that stays forever after."
"May the enemies of Ireland never meet a friend."
http://www.mrsnooky.com