On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, you wrote:

>     How do I set DPMS off in another way and get past this annoyance?

-Gary-

  First thing I do to stop this is remove kdpms.  Log in or su to root.  Start
up kpackage.  Click on the little magnifying glass and type kdpms and hit find.
When it shows you the package hit done.  Now while you are in kpackage with
kdpms selected and showing you all about it there's an uninstall nutton at the
bottom.  Click it.  Then Click Uninstall on the pop-up box that appears.  If
you want to make sure it's really gone search for it again.  Even though it'
gone your not done.

  Once you have that finished go ahead and start up your favorite text editor
(you still need to be root).  Your going to open the file
" /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config "  about 3/4 of the way down you will see a
section called graphics device section.  It is labeled clearly you shouldn't be
able to miss it.  Look through everything in that section and you should see a
line that says :

        Option    "power_saver"

Now just put a # in front of this line so it looks like

        #Option    "power_saver"

It's really quick and easy it's just alot of steps....  Hope this helps you.

ICQ: 53156735