How did you partition the drive? I haven't heard of it failing to install
the bootloader before but it might if /boot wasn't in a usable spot. It
should still make floppies though. Did you try killing all your partitions
with fdisk (Linux or DOS) and then installing?

*^*^*^*
Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sungod robes
 on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little
pickles at you? -- Real Genius