>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 9/22/00, 2:22:21 PM, Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote regarding [newbie]
Help, Netscape 4.75 install problem:

> Hi all,

> I am running into strangeness here...
> I want to install netscape 4.75. As per indication, I removed the old
> netscape stuff (meaning the communicator 4.73, and also netscape-common
> 4.73).

Exactly what I did -- removed the 4.73 stuff...

> Now I am ready to install 4.75 and this happens:

> [root@internet paul]# rpm -iv netscape-common-4.75-7mdk.i586.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         XFree86 >= 4.0 is needed by netscape-common-4.75-7mdk
>         rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1 is needed by
> netscape-common-4.75-7mdk

Paul -- I am clueless as to why this happened as I didn't have any
problems when I upgraded to Netscape 4.75 -- BUT I just checked to see
which version of netscape I installed it was netscape-common-4.75-3mdk. I
got that from gFTP the Mandrake updates. Just checked on Big Bertha and
it is still at 3mdk for downloading so you might want to check that?
Where did you get the 7mdk? (just curious) Good luck and let me know how
it goes.

Patti - Registered Linux User #184611
Look at a day when you were supremely satisfied at its end. It's not a
day when you lounge around doing nothing. It's when you've had everything
to do and you've done it.