With a little sluething, I found out that DialPad uses Jave VM but right now
only for Microsoft. They posted on their website in the Help section, that
they are in development for Mac, Linux, and other OSes. When they will be
ready? Is anybodies guess. And yes, HotTelephone.com is of no help either. It
too, uses the JavaVM but why is it only exclusive to Microsoft products? I
thought Java VM on any  system was the same and configured to run the same.
But I guess it has to do with the "extra" control that the PC -to- Phone
requires in order to allow direct link or whatever to your microphone and
speakers. I'm still seeking that PC-to-Phone solution through Linux so that I
can completely dump my windows software once and for all. If the PC-to-Phone
technology wasn't patented, I would develop the solution myself. But I'm a
legal "type" and try not to stray from the path of the "white hat". Still on
bended knee....

Cheers
--Al

Vic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yeah, no kidding. If I had the equipment and the money
I would set up a type of system that would support
all OS's just using good old universal java.