I have this part down...  I know how to add new CD's, and how to
give them meaningful names.

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/Spotlight/RpmDrake/

It is pretty clear about how things are SUPPOSED to work.

The thing is, rpmdrake on my system DOES NOT work this way.
It lets me insert the CD and give it a new name.  Then it acts as
though it is rebuilding the database of available packages, but
when the "available to install" package tree comes up,
it is EMPTY.

Thanks for the thoughts, though...

Yeah, I found out about the kicking back CD's if the wrong one
was inserted, but, I still wanted it to ask for a meaningfully named
CD.  For that matter, I think it would be a great feature upgrade to
allow the user to see which CD the item was on, so that if you
didn't have the full set of CD's, you wouldn't have to try adding
a package to see what disk it was on.

What I really want to know, is how to put the original library back,
since obviously the database was pre-existing as it contained the
options for a 4 CD set when I only had 2 CD's in my set.

Kevin Bulgrien