I would look in my /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit file and
check for references to hdparm commands,
when you find these, you can then comment them
out if you like or change them to your liking.

There should be some info on this (the hdparm command
and its parameters) on http://www.mandrakeuser.org
just do a search for hdparm or visit:

http://www.mandrakeuser.org/hardware/hide2.html