[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to install the bttv driver in my computer (I have an Avermedia TV98
> and under windows98 I can watch very well the TV and decode C+ (Spain) and with
> Cable Crypt a lot of cable chanels.

Hi there. BTTV is already installed as part of the latest kernels. You should
be able to do a:

lsmod

and see it listed/installed. You can do:

insmod bttv
modprobe bttv

if not. In my case I had to do the following:

insmod bttv card=10 vidmem=0xe60

to get it to recognize/work with my Hauppauge WinTV tuner...

I *highly* recommend going to tucows, linuxnewbie, and the bttv web site and
reading all the docs and "howto's" that you can find.

About compiling...do you have trouble compiling any other software? If so, then
my next question is did you pick developer during you Linux installation? You
really need to have done that...

Hope this helps! ;-)

--

                                                                       /\