> I read MANY places, including the manual with Mandrake that you should set
> SWAP file to the ammount of ram on your system.   SInce you got 128 ram
you
> should have it set to 128.  Not sure if that is the problem.  But apps
load
> fine for me and i got 256 ram with swap set to 256

Interesting.  I had heard that the swap should be twice the physical RAM.

I've just RTFM for Mandrake (6.5) and it says on page 23:

"In Linux, partitions of type SWAP cannot be bigger than 128Mb.  If you wish
to use more swap, you should create several.  Too much space allocated to
swap will always be useless.  In general, it is considered that for a RAM
memory of less then 64Mb, you should have 128Mb of swap.  For RAM memory
greater than 64Mb, 80Mb of swap is sufficient."

Personally, I have always gone for twice the RAM.

Regards,
Ozz.