I second this.  I have didn't have to do anything special except during the
installation I select the dhcp option; it just worked like it was suppose
to. I can offer any help beyond this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug McGarrett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 10:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] LinkSys Cable Router & Linux MAndrake 7.1

I ran Mandrake 7.0 and it automatically found the LinkSys and set it up, and
I was on the net without doing anything.  I have since installed SuSE 7.0 on
the same machine with equal ease.  (I'm DHCP to an adsl.) How to config it
manually is beyond my capability, since I don't understand the terminology
well enough to answer the questions the config routine asks.