De: Mark Weaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Fecha: jueves, 05 de octubre de 2000 4:42
Asunto: Re: [newbie] problem installing X server

>When you boot to the console login use this command to started the console
>version of the X configuration utility:
>
> setuptool  <ENTER>
>
>--
>Mark
>
>/* I never worry about the to-jams.
> * Once I've stuck my foot in my mouth
> * it's already too late...just make sure
> * you chew them thoroughly before swallowing!
> */
> Registered Linux user #182496
>      *   Pine 4.21   *
>
>On Wed, 4 Oct 2000 3:15pm ,[EMAIL PROTECTED] spake passionately
in...:

>> dear anyone
>> i have a BIG problem and need your help.i'd appriciate all suggestions.
>> today a friend of mine asked me to set up a mandrake 7.1 server for his
company.
>> it's ment that the server will be tested during 2-3 months and maybe
after that will be replacing one of NT servers for the office usage.
>> the installation went smooth untill configuration of X-window. after i
had chosen the monitor (actually listed in HP monitors) and the automaticly
found graphic card (Asus v7700 GeForce 2 GTS AGP), when i want to test the
result it all turns black and installation terminated. i restarted the pc
and linux started in console mode. even after that
>> i had no chance to configure X with Xconfigurator command. any option i
ever chosen made the screen show all creation's colors. plz help me to run X
server and graphical login.