erik nord wrote:

> Question for you all.  I have just installed Mandrake
> 7.0.  Everything installed fine.  At the very end
> right before rebooting I tried to remove the CD-ROM.
> The CD-ROM will not open.  Is there a something I need
> to do to get the CD-ROM open to be able to use it in
> the future.
>
> Thanks
> Erik

Hi Erik! Make sure that something does not have "hold" of your CD-ROM. For
example, I've found on my setup that if I have any terminal open, and am
currently located in the /mnt/cdrom directory it won't open. Same sometimes
with a KDE window open on my CD-ROM. When all else fails, I do open a term.,
and type in:

eject /dev/cdrom

and:

eject -t /dev/cdrom

will close the tray back.

Hope this helps!

BTW, I had more trouble with this in v7.0 than in 7.1, also its better when I
installed as developer than not...dunno why. In fact I'd say its pretty well
gone in v7.1 - developer...

See ya! ;-)

--

                                                                       /\