Does LILO recognise your Windows 98 installation at all? If so, you can edit
the following file:  /etc/lilo.conf

It may look something similar to:

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
linear
default=linux
vga=ask

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.16-3
        label=linux
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.2.16-3.img
        read-only
        root=/dev/hda5

other=/dev/hda1
        label=dos
        table=/dev/hda

You can change the "dos" label to anything you'd like *without spaces*. For
example:

        label=Win98

Then you need to change the

        default=linux

        default=Win98

If your /etc/lilo.conf file does not have the "ohter" section, try adding
it.

When you are done editing the file, save it. At the command line, type:
/sbin/lilo [enter]

you should see something like.

added linux
added Win98*

The asterisk (*) means it's the deafult OS.

--Greg