>  I´d like to know how to change the conf. of Lilo. I mean how I
> could do to set Windows 98 as the preferable O.S. if it could be

Load lilo.conf into your favorite editor and change the line that says
default=linux to use the label (probably windows) used for your windows
boot.  You can change these labels to be whatever you want but the default
must match one of them.

>  Now, I can´t use Linux because it doesn´t seem to like my modem
> I can´t surf internet, I have a 3com U.S. Robotics 56k Faxmodem,
> maybe is set as a winmodem, I don´t have any idea, it looks just
> if it didn´t exist.

Typically a winmodem reports busy rather than being "nonexistent."
Maybe you need to check the port you think it's using.

Cheers --- Larry