Newbies,
    I have an ISA internal 3com U.S.Robotics 56K faxmodem that I know is not
a winmodem, and I have had a problem with Linux Mandrake's isapnp not
assigning IRQs to it [error message re what to do about ...(series of IRQ
#s.)..].  It is PnP, and on COM2 in Windon't.  I set up the symbolic link in
LM.  I can get a dialtone with minicom (I assume because of the link) but
it's basically useless.  How do I straighten out the IRQs assignments for PnP
devices?
    I'm wondering if this person's problem is similar [see below].  TIA
-Gary-

In a message dated 10/10/2000 10:06:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
<< >  Now, I canīt use Linux because it doesnīt seem to like my modem
 > I canīt surf internet, I have a 3com U.S. Robotics 56k Faxmodem,
 > maybe is set as a winmodem, I donīt have any idea, it looks just
 > if it didnīt exist.
 Typically a winmodem reports busy rather than being "nonexistent."
 Maybe you need to check the port you think it's using.

 Cheers --- Larry