From:   ai4a [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Friday, October 13, 2000 4:14 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        [newbie] OOPS  Maybe a better & safer way

After thoughts on my problem when I stopped too many daemons.
I am using Mandrake 7.0 here. This is the only linux I have ever seen so
all comments are about this distro.
Maybe a better & safer way to stop daemons would be:
During boot press 'I' to enter interactive mode.
Any daemon that I wish to stop just answer 'NO' when the system asks if
I wish to start it.
If everything works OK then wonderful.
If the system fails, just reboot.
After I determine which daemons I can do without, then I can use
DrakeConf to stop them.
Thanks to all who helped me. This is a wonderful way to share knowledge.
I hope one day to be able to contribute.
Have a nice day
Charles