Matt:
With regard to the modem, the winmodem presents a problem. Although some
of them can be made to work with winmodems, most don't. The best source
I have found is at:
www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html
I'll leave the sound card and USB questions to smarter people than me --
and there's lots of that kind on this mail list. I do know that LM 7.1
has some USB support, but I'm not sure what the limits are. (Jump in
anytime, folks!)
Regards,
-- Carroll