I posted recently that I had been unable to get an LT Winmodem Global to work
so I bought genuine hardware PCMCIA card which worked "out of the box" (Cost
approx £45), I tried running sndconfig on my Sony and it returned the message
that NeoMagic sound card was not supported, hope negtive replies help :-)