I just installed Mandrake 7.1 on my system. At first, I installed over 7.0 to keep all of my preferences and such, but because of a recurring problem with the theme manager not changing the colors in the panel and in windows (whereas in root it would work fine) I decided to go ahead and do a clean install of 7.1.

During the installation, I entered the same network info that I was using for 7.0 three days ago, yet after the install, when I boot into Linux, I have no internet access. I've tried tweaking around in netconf but it doesn't help. I have a 3com 3c905-B card and all the forums, etc say that particular card always works.

The only thing I know to do is to reinstall 7.0, then upgrade to 7.1 on top of it (because the internet worked when I did that). BUT... when I do that, sometimes (seems random) the theme manager will not change the colors of the pager and the windows (such as the window color when you open the theme manager)... that's not hugely important, but it's really annoying. Also, reinstalling over and over takes FOREVER, since the size of 7.1 is greater than 7.0 (which is a good thing: ).

Is there ANY way to get this working inside 7.1 without upgrading 7.0??

If upgrading is the best route (since networking always worked in 7.0) how can I give users the correct permissions so that the theme manager will work correctly?

Thanks,
Alex Haun