On Saturday 21 October 2000 04:25, you scribled down on a piece of
electronic paper:
> 1. NVIDIA provides kernel and GLX drivers for its cards. I was able to
> install them in 7.1. (In fact, the installation was problemless however,
> the results were not satisfactory. I was unable to run an openGL program
> which was my main aim. Then I decided to move to 7.2). Well, I cannot
> install these drivers in 7.2. It gives some errors concerning the
> agpgart.o. And the 'insmod NVdriver' fails.
> Has anyone managed to install NVIDIA drivers to Mandrake 7.2?

Recompile your kernel and enable "/dev/agpart (AGP Support)" under the
"Character devices" section.  This should fix the problem :)

I'm myself running XFree 4.0.1 Mandrake 7.2beta3 on a card with the NVidia
GeForce2 chipset (asus v7700) and using the NVidia kernel and GLX drivers,
and I get better results here with Quake3 and Heavy Gear2 then I get when I
boot into windows and try there (with the latest NVidia windows drivers).

--
\ Christian A Strømmen /
\ Number1/NumeroUno @ Undernet - Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] /