I had that problem with my SB16 PnP. I deleted all referances to the card (isapnp.conf, and modules.conf) reattempted the setup via sndconfig. my system basically said "Eat me" I then went to the bios under PCI and PnP recources (Award Bios) and disabled the PnP OS option. rebooted, deleted isapnp, and modules.conf (I only have one isa card and no modems, or scsi cards) re ran sndconfig and it worked.

Your card might be PCI is it? Does Mandrake have a kernel for it? (Driver) Does kudzu detect it if you remove the card, reboot, shutdown then replace card then boot backup?

Try that and  see if kudzu will detect it.
----- Original Message -----
From: Calpu
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 3:58 AM
Subject: [newbie] Aureal Driver problem

Hi, I have a sound card driver im trying to install, a TBS Montego II. While installing the drivers a error "Device/Resource in use" comes up and interrupts the process. The installation does not complete. Im have a P3 600 with 128mb , and dual boot to Win98 and Mandrake.  I checked the Aureal website and it says to disable the BIOS option "PnP OS" , i did this and it still doesn't work. If someone can help me please reply. Thanks very much.    yc