More on my problem.

I have just installed MDK 7.1 (sorry I didn't mention this initially)

This is what I have done.

Basic Host Information
Host name + domain = linux.myNTserverdomain name
Adaptor1 = enabled DHCP, net device = dummy0, kernel module = 3c574-TX, Irq=10, all other fields blank

Name server specifications (DNS)
DNS is required for normal operation (selected)
default domain = 10.0.0.1
IP of name server 1 = same DNS address that I use in my other boxes
IP of name server 2 = same DNS address that I use in my other boxes
IP of name server 3 = same DNS address that I use in my other boxes
all other fields blank

Routing and gateways
Set defaults = enable routing(selected) and Default gateway = 10.0.0.1

I have not done anything with the other NETCONF options

I then exit out of that and it brings up the "status of the system" box and under "preview what has to be done" it tells me to execute /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S10network reload...and when I do that it come back with the error "Bringing up the device dummy0 Can't find a dhcp client"

I should also note that today when I start the system under linux I no longer get the dongle or hub lights like I get under Windows98.

Suggestions????

Thanks...Jim