Hello All:

I bought a new disk drive to use only for linux. I put in the boot disk and cd and got the window that says use f1 for help or return to install program. I then get a message on the screen that says boot failed. I tried f1 and tried the options there and still get a boot failed message. So cannot load the 7.1

I then got out my older 6.1 Mandrake distro and it loaded OK....sure would like to get the 7.1 in...very disappointed with 7.1 about now.....

Is there some way I can get the 7.1 to load from the cd without the boot disk???

I hope that linux is not getting to be like windoze, send out the distro and correct it later, that is why I am using linux, got tired of that......

Thanks
Jim