In a message dated 29-Oct-00 12:18:42 Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> I am a struggling newbie trying to teach myself Mandrake 7.1. I am unable to
> get connected to the internet. I am probably still in Windows mode. I've
> been
> using AOL as my ISP. Now that I've installed Mandrake, configured my modem
> etc., can I still use AOL? I'm assuming not because I keep getting an error
> telling me there is no file to open the AOL program. So do what app do I
> use
> to get back online? Do I need to change service providers?

well aol and compuserve are practically the same i am working on configuring
compuserve to work on linux based on some success stories, although i seem to
not have that success yet, you wont get much though all that crap aol
provided will be non existent so i suggest getting a new isp, if you are
going to keep windows and like aol on that then just find a temporary isp for
your linux box, there are plenty of low priced or free isps out there. i will
jot down your address and tell you if i succeeded in hooking up compuserve
and i will test aol based on the same script.

have fun