On Sun, 29 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> someone told me they think a friend of thiers was using netzero with linux is
> this possible and iff so how can i configure it, hopefully it is as easy as
> 123 with kppp.

first the bad news -
netzero requires the netzero application to connect. This app exists only under
windows. The connection is a standard ppp connecion, but they encrypt your
username & password prior to connecting. If you don't use the encrypted name /
passwrod combination, you can't connect.

now for some good news -
That being said, there was a windows program floating around on the
"31eet hax0rz" websites a round a year ago called nzcrook, which would allow
you to input your username and password in plain text, and spit out the
encrypted version.  Using the encrypted info you could easily connect under
Linux.

and more bad news -
I don't remember the exact website for nzcrook, and do not have a copy of the
program anymore, you may find a link on some search engine somewhere however.

Netzero also periodically upgrades your netzero software. Somewhere along the
line the netzero encryption scheme may have changed, which would make the old
version of nzcrook no longer valid. (IOW, if you do find it on a search engine,
make sure that you have the newest version of the program).

Using the nzcrook app would be in violation of your usage agreement with
netzero.

--
Alex
(Go easy on me, I'm a COBOL programmer in real life)